Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Batting .500

In a whirlwind of activity over the last two weeks I managed to have my first and second trials in Superior Court. First up was an armed robbery with pretty clear surveilance video. My client was arrested a week after this robbery, but there was hardly any evidence against him. I got an acquittal on the only charge!! Next was an aggravated assault with a self-defense claim. The jury didn't buy the self-defense argument, so she got convicted. I think they didn't like seeing the cut with the razor on the girl's back. Sentencing is tomorrow...

UPDATE: She got 15 years to serve 10 years. For a single cut with a razor blade. It didn't help that she ran down the stairs to fight this girl... she was 50 at the time and the victim was 17... and her children and grandchild were present to see her do it.... overall kinda ugly.

No comments: