Wednesday, May 07, 2008

More Appointments to Miss

It's amazing how many people fail to show up for meetings with their lawyers. I am more stressed about their cases than they are. I have three appointments scheduled for todday and one tomorrow. Two of these were previously missed appointments that I rescheduled.

Some people do show up for trial never having met me, and then expect to have a trial. Scary thought. If you were charged with a crime and faced jail time, wouldn't you move in with your lawyer and look over his/her shoulder to make sure he/she was doing everything possible to win your case? I do have one client who keeps in touch quite a bit. He lives across the street from my office, so he pops in every once and a while to chat about his case. I can tell he actually cares, and is stressed about his charge. Maybe he's more innocent than the others? Or more guilty? Who knows, I'm not the jury.

No comments: